Thursday, November 20, 2014

YL Everyday Oils Kit | A Simple Insect Repellent & Remedy

Hi!
Today I want to share with you some recipe for bugs repellent and treatments for bugs bite, using the oils included in the Everyday Oils Kit.

I hate mosquito!!
Yes, especially because my kids' skins are really sensitive to them.
I found some recipes, only using these three oils; Lavender (my favorite), Purification and Lemon! You can find all three in the kit.
Living in Indonesia, which weather is hot and humid at the same time, you can expect a lot of insects "friends" around the house, from mosquito, flies, bees and ants. I'm used to stock up the house with mosquito spray, but then, I learnt that those kinds of sprays have pesticides in their ingredients. And other toxic things such as DEET and other chemicals that are actually not safe for us. Some bugs sprays says that they are safe, and even more of them come with fragrance which we thought it will be safe to breathe them in, while it's NOT!! They are as toxic as the others!! 

As I start to learn living with oils, I try to find ways to avoid those things. 
I really love the idea that the oils I bought have a lot of use for all of us..this is also one of those ways so that my husband will let me spend more on these oils, cheeky me ;-)

Bug Repellent Recipe :
Directions:
  1. Put 60ml (2 ounces or 1/4 cup) into the spray bottle. 
  2. Add 5 drops of Purification eo & 5 drops of Lemon eo. 
  3. Put spray on top & gently shake before spraying. 
NOTE: 
  • Don't add lemon if you plan to be out in the sun, because it is photosensitive. Using a photosensitive oil prior to sunlight or UV exposure could lead to pigmentation changes (skin may get darker) or rashes or cause your skin to burn. 
  • Be careful not to get in the eyes. 

This bug repellent REALLY WORKS! 
I told my husband before we left home that I had made ourselves a bug repellent with the essential oil, and he said he would like to try it. He sprayed it on his legs and I sprayed some on me and the kids too. 
At the dinner place..he said "Hey, I got bitten!" - I was like "WHAAT??!". It's impossible because the source said that it really works.. but what he said after made me relieved. "Oh, it's the spot I didn't spray on before.. Can I borrow it (the repellant) again?", he said, and he sprayed on the bottom of his feet. We are mosquito free family, YAY!!
I haven't try the mixture using Lemon oil yet, but the source said that it work just as well using only Purification oil, only it smells more Lemony. She made one bottle with Lemon for nighttime use and the on without Lemon for daytime use.

Taking care of BUG BITES

When you were out and didn't have insect repellent in hand and got bug bites instead.. we also can make an essential oil remedy. It's all in the kit, YAY!!

Oils we use are either Young Living Purification or Lavender oil.
They can take the itch right out of bites. You can use both too.. Purification at first to cleanse (if you have scratches), wait a minute and then apply the Lavender. At times Purification has made the bite and redness also disappear.

I tried the Lavender on my daughter. I think she got an ants bite few days ago.. she scratched on it and cause a little wounds, it also look swollen. So I applied Lavender on her already cleansed (with water) foot.. after a day, it looks better, not as swollen as before, but there's still a little redness. I attached a few photo of my daughter's foot. (soon)

Oils used:A drop of either Young Living Purification or Lavender essential oil takes the itch right out of bites. At times Purification has made the bite and redness also disappear!

P.S:
If you have any question about oils, ask away! I'll do my best to answer. I'm still learning myself since I just got started too, but I've learned quite enough to know where to send you if I don't know the answer :-p 

If you'd like to get started using the oils for yourself, I can help you get started with Young Living. You can contact me by email, whats app & Line messenger. 

Jeanne M. Wigoena 
YL #2231050
Email : jeannemw23@gmail.com
Whatsapp : +6285851283366
Line ID : ic.littleshop
Instagram ID : ic_littleshop

Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read the full disclaimer here.

No comments: