Sunday, September 14, 2008

my homeworks..

That! in front is the book that I'm currently reading.. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Read it since I bought it at the Dubai airport on July (when we're going back to Indo). From 348 pages, I just finished up until page 197.. what? almost 3 months and still not finished yet?
And that's! another 4 to finished too.. the second from the top, The History of Love by Nicole Krauss is a bit boring (for me), doesn't interest me at all.. I bought it coz I like the title and cover.. :-P

The others at the back are Perfect Stranger by Robyn Sisman. (And again) I like the title.. and the sentence written behind the book.. "Can you fall in love with someone you've never met?" Hmm.. isn't it sound interesting? hehe.. I also like the cover, looks like an old comic drawings and I hope the book is as good as it.
Then the History of Love and then.. this looks fun! How to Walk in High Heels - the girl's guide to everything by Camilla Morton. "From playing poker to climbing out of a car in a mini skirt, from tackling lobster in a restaurant to changing a tyre. It's the most fabulous instruction manual the world has ever seen. All told in Camilla's inimitable straight-talking, hilariously funny style" (vogue.com). Worth reading eh? I also wanted to buy the other one, A Year in High Heels - a girl for all season. But yea.. have to finish these first (^^,)*
The last is Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern.. well, you must've heard her names somewhere.. of course from that romantic movie starred Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler, P.S. I love You. She is the novelist!! This one I hope is as good as P.S. - about a woman who remembers things she shouldn't. She knows about tiny cobbled streets in Paris, whish she has never visited. And every night she dreams about an unknown little girl with blonde hair.. and again, I love the sentence written behind the book.. "How can you know someone you've never met?" hehehe.. I seems to like things like that.. fairytalish romantic..

I hope to finished them during the Lebaran holiday.. hehe..
And tell you whick one is mostly recommended.. ('^,)*

2 comments:

popita said...

i even haven't finished 4 books that i bought about 2 years ago.
i only read about half each ^^.

Jeanne M. Wigoena said...

haha.. it's okay lah ya..
if it's comic book, no matter how much, I can finish it in a day. Kecuali kalo ampe lima puluh atau ratusan buku loh yaa.. bisa belekan baca nya, hehehe..:-P