Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mom's Little Treasure is her Daughter

I've been wanting to make more layouts for my daughter.
It was so easy making Michael's, maybe because I have already been used to it.
Just like buying clothes, it's just sooo easy finding shirts, t-shirts, pants or any accessories for Michael, but with Fae..sometimes I got confused which one should I buy, will she look good in it, etc. Or on the bright side.. maybe I want to make sure that she get the best (not that I didn't do the same with Mike), maybe because she's a girl.. ahh you know what I'm talking about.

I came across this quote another day.. "A Mother's treasure is her daughter". I definitely want to scrap it. I also have a photo of Fae and me at the fishing pond the other day that I like very much. love the expression that she have there.
So I'm using this old Valentine collection from Crate Paper, Fourteen, that I have kept for quite a long time already. I don't have thickers that come along with the collection, so I'm using the glitter puffy letter stickers from Dear Lizzy instead.. so glad that they have coordinating color (this is in my opinion tho, haha..).

So this is what I came up with..
I applied a little bit of gesso on the background paper to make the color soft, layered some patterned papers and paper frames from the embellishment sheets on the photo. Attached the letter stickers on the side of the photo.. I didn't want to decorate too much besides the title quote because it is quite long already. For the last touch, i sprinkled some gold mist, but ended up adding a little spray of mist too.
Here it is..
Some details :


I can't wait till she's grown and we can chat and shop together.. on the other way around, I don't want her to grow too fast!! Oh my.. Mum's dilemma :)

No comments: